iOS 11.3.1 Jailbreak is expected to be released very soon, and you must be on the correct version of firmware to try it out. You should stay on the lowest version of iOS firmware as much as possible to try out the jailbreak tweaks. Here in this tutorial, we’ll be showing you how to downgrade from iOS 11.4.1 to iOS 11.3.1 on your iPhone or iPad.
To downgrade iOS 11.4.1 to iOS 11.3.1 you will need iOS 11.3.1 IPSW firmware file for your iPhone / iPad, a windows PC or Mac and a working internet connection.
Downgrade iOS 11.4 to iOS 11.3.1 Firmware –
- Download IPSW firmware for your iPhone or iPad or iPod from here.
- It may download the file in zip format. So you’ve to rename the file extension to IPSW. The downloaded firmware must look like this “iPhone10,3,iPhone10,6_11.3.1_15E302_Restore.ipsw“.
- Connect your iPhone / iPad / iPod with your Computer or Mac using a USB cable.
- Download and install the latest version of iTunes on your computer. Open it up.
- If your device is connected with a USB cable, iTunes will detect the connected device.
- From the top left corner, select your device.
- At the top left, just right below on your device, click on summary.
- If you’re using windows, press the shift key and choose update. And in case, if it’s Mac, click on Alt key and go to update.
- On the next screen, you’ll get a popup window where you’ve select the downloaded IPSW firmware file.
- Browse the downloaded iOS 11.3.1 IPSW firmware file for update.
- Now iTunes will check the file signature and verify the iOS 11.3.1 IPSW file. It may a take a few minutes.
- After verifying, it will ask you for permission to extract the file. Click on Allow.
- And that’s all, it will restart your device and installation process will start.
- After the installation is complete, you can see your iPhone / iPad / iPod has been downgraded from iOS 11.4 to iOS 11.3.1 .
You May Like – iOS 11.2.6 jailbreak / iOS 11.2.5 jailbreak Guide.
Clean Restore iOS 11.3.1 Firmware –
If you’re on older versions of iOS firmware such as iOS 11 or older, and want to install iOS 11.3.1, a clean flash is recommend. Here i’ll show you how to clean flash and install iOS 11.3.1 Firmware on older versions of iOS.
- Like the first method, download the IPSW Firmware for your device from here.
- Open up iTunes on your PC or Mac.
- Connect your device to PC with a standard USB cable.
- Now you’ll need to boot your iPhone / iPad device in DFU Mode. In case you don’t know how to do it, here’s it.
- If you’re an iPhoneX user, hold volume up and volume down keys and sleep/wake button together at same time. For iPhone 8, 7 or 7 plus hold the Volume Down button together. For iPhone 6S, iPhone 6 or older iPhones simply press and hold the home button.
- Now iTunes will detect your device. You will get a popup saying – “iTunes has detected an iPhone in recovery mode. You must restore this iPhone before it can be used with iTunes.” Click Ok.
- For windows press shift key and for mac press Alt key. And click on Restore.
- On the next window, choose the downloaded IPSW firmware file.
- If it asks for extracting permission, click on allow.
- Once iTunes verifies the file, it will reboot your device and the updating process will start.
- And it may take a few minutes. After that it will boot your device.
- That’s pretty much all. You’ve successfully installed iOS 11.3.1 on your device.
Having any issues regrading downgrading iPhone / iPad from iOS 11.4 to iOS 11.3.1 ? let me know in the comments below.