Why to Downgrade from iOS 12 to iOS 11.4.1
The new iOS 12 has some issues which might make it difficult for you to use it. In most of the cases, it might slow down your device or use too much battery. It is not possible to downgrade to the previous version of iOS once the digital signature expires.
Right now downgrading from iOS 12 to iOS 11.4.1 is possible. You only get a couple of weeks to make up your mind and downgrade as Apple will stop signing the iOS 11 version soon.
You should be aware that any changes made while using iOS 12 will be deleted when you will be downgrading from iOS 12 to 11.4.1
If you are downgrading from iOS 12 to iOS 11 you need to have these things.
- The iOS device such as the iPhone, iPad or iPod.
- iOS 11.4.1 IPSW file.
- A computer with MacOS or Windows
You may like – Download Cydia Impactor for iOS 12.
How to Downgrade to iOS 11.4.1 from iOS 12 –
- Get the firmware from Apple’s website or ipsw.me. These are the trusted source for the firmware and you should never try to download it from other sources.
- Save the file on your computer.
- Turn off the Find my iPhone feature from the settings menu. It will be under “your name” in the iCloud settings.
- Connect your device to the computer and open iTunes.
- Click the restore button while holding Alt or Option for Mac and Shift on Windows.
- Select the IPWS file present on your computer.
- Confirm that you want to make the changes and then wait while the downgrade proceeds.
As you can see downgrading from iOS 12 to iOS 11.4.1 is fairly simple right now. You could also use the iTunes to restore any backup that you have made for your iPhone.