From a long time iOS users have been waiting for a iOS 11.3.1 Jailbreak. Finally rootlessJB developers jailbreak has been released that comes with support for iOS 11.3.1 . You can now download rootlessJB for iOS 11.0 – iOS 11.3.1 versions.
You may like – iOS 11.2.6 jailbreak / iOS 11.2.5 jailbreak Guide.
Apparently rootlessJB is compatible with the following iOS versions – iOS 11.0, 11.1.2, 11.2, 11.2.1, 11.2.2, 11.2.5, 11.2.6, 11.3 and iOS 11.3.1 . But 11.0-11.1.2 already have fully developed jailbreaks, so rotlessJB jailbreak will only be helpful for iOS 11.2 – 11.3.1 version users.
What is rootlessJB ?
rootlessJB is not a full fledged jailbreak, but it is a concept for iOS 11.0 – iOS 11.3.1 jailbreak. This rootless jailbreak can run cydia tweaks where root access is not needed. Basically rootlessJB is developed by Jake James that uses Ian Beer’s empty_list exploit and it comes with SSH access and tweak support. This has a success rate of around 40%.
As tested, after downloading and installing rootlessJB on your iOS device, you can run some tweaks such as – BatteryPercentX, Cylinder, Dummypass, HomeGesture, IconRenamer, XBarRemover, LittleX, Zeppelin, System Info etc tweaks are compatible with rootlessJB. But features like Cydia, Launchctl and a few app specific tweaks are not functional in this jailbreak as of now.
Download rootlessJB –
You can download rootlessJB IPA file from here.
How to install rootlessJB –
- First of all download rootlessJB IPA file from the provided link and keep the file on your PC.
- Run Cydia Impactor as administrator.
- Drag and drop the downloaded IPA file into cydia impactor window.
- It will ask you to enter you Apple ID and password to authenticate.
- After that, it will install rootlessJB on your iPhone or iPad.
- Click on jailbreak and it begin the exploitation process.
- You should use Filza, and you won’t get SSH access running if you use empety_list IPA file version.
- Now you can install tweaks using file manager. Here’s how to install cydia tweaks on rootlessJB for iOS 11.2 – 11.3.1.
In case if you’re getting exploit failure problem, from app switcher close all running apps, disable siri virtual assistant and turn on Airplane Mode then try again. Also if you get “Failed to initialize SSH” error or “Failed to launch jailbreakd” error on rootlessJB, there’s no fix as of now unless you compile the rootlessJB XCode project at your own.