Whatsapp became obsolete in many android devices after 12 January midnight. While this issues are reported on a majority of Xiamoi Phones. On January 13, after opening whatsapp, many users started getting a message displaying “This version of whatsapp became obsolete on 13 Jan 2018, please go to the Google Play store to download the latest version.”
When I woke up today morning and opened whatsapp, it said The version became obsolete on 13 Jan 2018 and update the app. When I checked in Google play, it says app is updated. Then I re-installed the app, but same message is appearing. What is happening?#whatsappdown pic.twitter.com/STYMuFqwLE
— Rahul Rampure (@RahulRampure) January 13, 2018
According to many users, their whatsapp is already updated to the latest version, but it’s still showing the same error. Whatsapp has released a statement, “This is an issue that’s being fixed. It was a problem with how our app is distributed, which is not under our control.” Here i’have Xiamoi Redmi Note 3, and i too had to face the whatsapp obsolete error and finally managed to find out a way to fix this whatsapp obsolete issue.
How to fix whatsapp Obsolete Error –
While this issue has been resolved in most of the android phones, but if you’re still getting the problem then you can follow this steps.
- First download whatsapp apk from whatsapp.com/android , no need to uninstall your installed whatsapp and your data will not be lost.
- Now go to setting of your android device. Open security and turn on install apps from unknown resources.
- Now simply install the downloaded whatsapp apk.
- Your installed whatsapp version updated with the new version, and now open whatsapp.
- Boom ! you won’t get the whatsapp obsolete error again.