When it comes to Android notification center, the users get the Quick Settings panel instead of the Control Center. It allows quick access to mobile data and Wifi settings when compared to the Apple counterpart.
Now, with the help of Nougat Cydia tweak, the iOS notification center can be replaced with the Android’s Quick Settings panel. The person behind this tweak is Alfonso aka ShadeZepheri.
You get all the features of the Android notification center on iOS and the tweak even makes it look like the one on the Android device.
Checkout – AutoAnswer X for jailbroken iOS 11 devices.
In order to run this tweak, you would need
- An iPhone or iPad.
- The iOS versions between 9.0-11.3.1.
- Cydia for jailbreak
Tweaking the Notification Center
First of all, you need to install the tweak.
- Open Cydia and go to Sources tab.
- Go to Edit and add the URL for the repository – https://shade-zepheri.github.io
- Enter “Nougat” in the search bar.
- Install the package from the repository. After the installation finishes, restart the Springboard to get the tweak working.
Also checkout – Download BetterW & unlock iOS WhatsApp Hidden features.
Activating the tweak and using it is the next step.
- First of all, go to the settings app and open the Nougat’s preference section.
- Turn on the “Enabled” feature to get the Android quick settings panel. This will replace the original notification center immediately.
- In order to access the quick settings bar just perform the pull-down gesture.
- If you want to enable or disable a feature/setting just tap on the icon.
- The pull-down gesture will provide you with a concise view. To get the full view tap on the arrow present in the right corner, at the bottom.
The stock notification center can still be accessed from the Home Screen if you want it. This might ruin the Android experience but still, the tweak is a great way to change the same old notification center with a new one.
In case you want to make some changes to the Android theme, you are free to do so. All you need to do is follow these steps
- Open the Nougat preference section and tap Sort Order.
- Long press on an icon to change the orientation along with the placement of the buttons.
- You can also change the Quick Settings panel theme to either the Nexus variant, Oreo variant or the Pixel one.
- In order to apply the changes, just respring your iPhone.
Like any other tweak, there are some issues with the notification center tweak as well. Some of the common problems include
- You would end up opening the stock notification center pull-down from the top-left corner of the status bar.
- The tweak doesn’t work perfectly on the iPhone X. You need to perform the gesture slowly for it to work.
- Changing the sort order can crash the app.
- The tweak doesn’t work on iPads, as of now.