The Face ID was introduced with the iPhone X last year. It was a new method of biometric authentication for the iPhone. Now, it was possible to unlock the iPhone X with just a glance. Sadly, the feature is limited to the iPhone X lineup or is it?
Get iPhone X Face ID on any iPhone
Now, it is possible to use the Face ID on any iPhone, thanks to the Appellancy tweak. It performs the same function as the Face ID and works on all the older iPhones. This lets you unlock your iPhone 8 or older by just having a look at the screen. This feature works a lot similar to the real Face ID. What’s even better, your iPhone can have two different biometric authentications as compared to the one present in any other iPhone.
How to install Appellancy to enable FaceID on iPhone
If you want to install Appellancy on your device then it needs to be jailbroken and must be running iOS 11.
Assuming that your device matches the above-mentioned criteria let us take a look at the tweak installation.
Download Appellancy Tweak –
- First of all, open Cydia and add the given repository (http://julioverne.github.io) to the Source tab.
- After the source has been added and you are able to access the packages, search for Appellancy and install it.
- Now, you can open the app from the Home Screen. Tap the “+” icon on the top-right section of the app to add a new user.
- Now, you would need to take a picture of your face to set up the app. This picture will be later recognized by the app to unlock your iPhone.
Note: The more pictures you take, the higher will be the accuracy of the app. In order to get the best possible result, it is recommended that you take the pictures from multiple angles. You could also set up the app to work with someone else’s face as well.
- Once you have taken the pictures and saved them. You are all set to go. Now, if you want to unlock your iPhone via the “Face ID”. Just hold your iPhone in front of your face and voila! it will get unlocked.
This tweak is a great way to mimic the Face ID on any iPhone. You should remember that Appellancy isn’t as secured as the real Face ID. So, you should rely on the Touch ID and Passcode instead of blindly trusting this app.
You may like – NFCWriter X Tweak allows you to unlock iPhone’s NFC.