Recently rootlessJB has been released for iOS 11.2 – iOS 11.3.1 users. Basically rootlessJB is a proof-of-concept that brings SSH access and tweak support for iOS 11.3.1 and older versions. You can now download rootlessJB developer jailbreak for iOS 11.0-11.3.1.
This rootless jailbreak is developed by iOS developer Jake James and it uses Ian Beer’s empty_list exploit. Essentially full fledged Cydia support is broken on this rootlessJB.
Still you can install a few tweaks such as Cylinder, FloatyDock, BatteryPercentX, LittleX, XBarRemover, System Info, IconRenamer etc on iOS 11.2-11.3.1 manually by transferring tweak files with Filza. Optionally you can also install tweaks with the help of SSH commands on rootlessJB jailbreak.
Install Tweaks on iOS 11.2 – 11.3.1 for rootlessJB Jailbreak –
- Before getting started, download Filza IPA from here and keep the file on ypur PC.
- Open up Cydia impactor on your computer and drag & drop the Filza IPA file into its window.
- Then you’ll be asked to enter your Apple ID email and password to complete authorization. Just enter your credential and hit ok.
- It will start the installation process and with in a few moments you’ll see the Filza icon on the home screen of your iPhone or iPad.
- Then you’ll need download an application called “ZipApp Free – The Unarchiver” from iOS App store. or go to this link to download the application.
- After that, you’ve to search and download the Debian package of the tweak that you would like to install. Here are links of the Debian file of few rootlessJB supported tweaks. Make sure to use safari browser to download any of these files.
Debian (.deb) Tweak Files Download for iOS 11.2-11.3.1 with rootlessJB –
- StatusHUD 2
- System Info
- Now open the.deb Debian package file using the downloaded ZipApp. Simply extract data.tar.Izma file present in the archive.
- Open Filza, now browse and find the extracted file. By default the location of the extracted files are /var/mobile/Containers/Data/Application.
- So just navigate to the following folder using Fliza.
- Short the file by date and check for the newest one that contains extracted tweak files.
- You’ve to copy [tweak-name].plist and [tweak-name].dylib files into this folder location – /var/containers/Bundle/tweaksupport/usr/lib/TweakInject/
- Finally just respring your iOS device by any available methods. Here’s how to do it.
- Open up sfari browser and go to this link – respring.lmdinteractive.com .
- It will ask you to install a profile. Tap on install and enter your screen unlocking passcode.
- Within a few minutes it will get installed. After installing, open it.
- Upon opening, it’ll automatically start the respring process. Or you can manually start the process by pressing the tap here button within it.
- Once it’s done, you’ll get an empty popup on your screen, scroll down and close the app from App Switcher.
- Again you’ve to restart the Springboard and it’ll eject tweaks. Enjoy cydia tweaks on rootlessJB for iOS 11.2-11.3.1.
By following steps, you can install cydia tweaks on iOS 11.2 – 11.3.1 with rootlessJB Jailbreak.
Recommended – iOS 11.2.6 jailbreak / iOS 11.2.5 jailbreak Guide.