Accidentally deleted system files from MacOS ? and the system is not properly working, so looking forward for a method to get back the deleted system files and folder in Mac. Many Mac OS X users had to face this issue. Here in this article today i’ll show you how to restore deleted system files in MacOS.
There’s a little bit comfort if you’ve Time Machine setup to backup your MacOS. Time machine helps to restore your Mac to its last condition as when you left it off, if you’re using it regularly.
Time Machine – Get Back Deleted System Files in Mac :
Method 1 –
- From the Dock, click on Time Machine.
- Select Enter Time Machine.
- There you can find your lost or deleted files.
- After finding the desired file that would like to get back, select that and click on Restore.
But in case, if you don’t have time machine backup on your Mac, then there are two methods that you can follow. The most simplest thing is to go the Trash can and try to find for the deleted system files. And restore the deleted files if they were not deleted from Trash can permanently.
Restore Deleted System Files in macOS –
Method 2 –
- Open up Trash can and search for the deleted system files and folder that you would like to recover.
- It will show all the deleted files that has not been removed permanently from Trash Can.
- Right click and select the files and click on Put back. That’s all.
But if the files were removed or deleted from the trash can, they you can try reinstalling the operating system. Reinstalling Mac OS would not lead to any kind of data loss.
Get Back Deleted System Files in macOS –
If your mac device isn’t too old, then it has a recovery partition. And follow this method to get your deleted files back.
Method 3 –
- Shut down your Mac and while powering it on, press Command + R keys together until you could see the Apple logo on your display.
- It’ll boot your Mac into the recovery macOS utilities screen.
- From the macOS Utilities screen, select reinstall operating system option.
- Follow the onscreen guide to complete reinstalling your MacOS. After this step, you will get your deleted system files and folders back.
Or if you’re looking for any other methods, then we would recommend you to use a Mac file recovery software like stellar Phoenix mac data recovery professional.
You May Like – iOS 11.4 Beta 5 – How to download without developer account.
Restore deleted files in macOS Using Data Recovery Software –
- Download and install Stellar Phoenix Mac Data recovery professional software.
- Open it up and choose recover everything and hit next. And then it’ll ask you to select the startup disk.
- After selecting your startup disk, click on scan. And the tool will start to scan the drive to trace deleted system files.
- Once the scan is completed, it’ll show all of the system files and folders that can be recovered. Simply restore them. And you’re done.
For any kind of queries or issues regarding our this article, feel free to comment down below.