Xposed framework is now available to install on Android Oreo 8.0 and 8.1. Since its release, Xposed has gained a lot of popularity among android users. What is Xposed Framework ? well, Most of the android device runs on stock android which comes within very less customization features. Xposed framework allows user to add or disable any particular feature from their android device by giving them an option to choose from a variety of modules.
XDA senior developer rovo89 has released an update of xposed framework which brings support for Android Oro 8.0/8.1 based devices. Now anyone having an andoid device which runs on oreo, can install the xposed framework on their device. Still it’s the BETA version and is under development, which may create minor bugs or might be fully stable. Though as per the developer, it’s stable enough for his daily driver usage on his Google Pixel device.
Install XPOSED FRAMEWORK on Android Oreo 8.0 / 8.1 –
- Download the Xposed installer APK and the ZIP file from the links below.
Download – XPOSED Installer APK for android Oreo.
Note – (SDK 26 is for Android 8.0 & SDK 27 is for Android 8.1,If your device runs on Oreo 8.0 then download the first zip, else download the seceond zip from the given link.)
- First take a full backup of your device, If anything goes wrong you can revert back.
- Now Place the downloaded xposed installer apk and zip file in the internal storage or the external sd card of your device.
- Boot into TWRP Recovery mode. just incase you forgot it, simply Switch off device and press power key + volume down key together and you’ll be the TWRP recovery mode
- Click on install, locate the downloaded ZIP file and swipe to flash it.
- Don’t wipe cache, Now reboot device and install the downloaded Xposed installer Oreo APK.
- Reboot once for the changes to take effect. And that’s all, Xposed Framework is now installed and active on your Android Oreo 8.0 / 8.1 based device. Now you can install your favorite xposed modules.
Known bugs – You may face few app force close error after installing xposed beta on android Oreo, this issue will be fixed with next beta update.
For more, subscribe to our email newsletter and turn the notifications on to get latest updates.