Government of India redirected all telecom service providers to re-verify all of their customer’s numbers using Aadhaar number. Previously customers have to visit offline retail stores to link aadhaar with their mobile numbers. Now there is a huge relief for users, from now users can call on a number to verify their mobile number with Aadhaar. The new IVR Based system will help telecom users to verify their Numbers irrespective of their network.
All users have to dial a number – 14546 from their number to start the aadhaar verification process. They will get an OTP, which is required to complete the further verification process.
Re-verify aadhaar number with mobile number –
Almost every telecom service providers including Airtel, Idea, Jio and many more activated the IVR based aadhaar verification portal on their network. Users just need to have their aadhaar number in their hand to complete the verification process. If you want to re-verify your mobile number number by linking it with aadhaar you need to dial and follow the same mentioned steps.
How to link aahaar number with mobile number –
- Dial 14546 from your number, user will be on the IVR based aahaar verification portal.
- Make sure you’ve aadhaar card in your hand.
- Now user has to select if he/she is an Indian or NRI.
- On the next step, user need to type 1 to keep the process going on.
- Now type your Aadhaar card number and press 1 to confirm it.
- An OTP will be sent to user’s mobile number number, enter that.
- The IVR system will ask user to give permission to their operator to pick their name,photo and other credential from their UIDAI data base.
- It will now mention the last 4 digit of your mobile number to confirm the right number.
- Now again enter the OTP received on SMS
- To complete the aadhaar re-verification process now type 1.
- You’ve successfully verified your mobile number by linking it with aadhaar card. By the same process you can verify your all numbers.
This IVR based service is available till 6th February 2018. Also corporate users don’t need to re-verify their number with aadhaar.
Also in future days, users will be able to link their aadhaar card with Mobile number using the mAadhaar android app. This initiative will be helpful for those users who can’t walk into a local store for insufficient time or physical disability. Also as per government redirections, your mobile numbers might get disabled if you don’t link it with you aadhaar number within February 2018.