Huawei had launched the all new Honor V10 with all focus on AI features just few weeks earlier. Today we’ll show you how to root honor v10 without erasing or formatting user data. This guide will help you to get root access in your huawei honor V10 easily.
Learn How to Root honor V10 – Any custom recovery like TWRP has not been released yet for this device, so you can’t flash any custom ROMs or mods on this device as of now. XDA developers have managed to create a pre rooted boot.img file that helps you to root honor 10 without even unlocking bootloader. Your data will be completely safe during the rooting process and this is the safest method to root Huawei honor view 10. This method is tested on Honor V10 AL20C00 (6GB+128GB China Edition) running on stock firmware (B132) and found to be working fine.
Caution – Rooting voids your warranty and it may harm your device (We hope you know how to deal with soft bricks, boot loops or hard brick), and we advise you to proceed at your own risk, Anyone from Gadgetcubes won’t be responsible if anything goes wrong with your device.
Root Honor V10 –
Before beginning make sure that you’ve at least 50% charge left in your device. To be on the safe side, we recommend you to backup any important documents or files.
- Make sure you’re using a PC which runs on windows 7 or later, you may get driver issue and device waiting errors on older versions of windows.
- Install adb drivers and Pda net on your computer. Download ADB driver installer, and PDAnet drivers, installation steps are given with the links.
- Download rooted boot.img file and keep it in your pc.
- Connect your honor v10 with your PC using any standard type USB cable.
- Go to setting, tap on build number 7 times and enable developer options, now open developer options and turn on usb debugging and OEM unlocking.
- Now switch off your device.
- Hold power key and volume up key until it goes into the fastboot – boot loader mode.
- Flash this Boot.img using command prompt. Simply open CMD and enter the following command without quotation “fastboot flash ramdisk boot-root-b122.img”, after entering this command simply drag and drop the downloaded boot.img file into your CMD. The full command should look like “fastboot flash ramdisk boot-root-b122.img <space> <the location of the downloaded file>”. Now just hit enter.
- That’s it, it’ll flash the file in your device.
- Now again open CMD and enter this command, “fastboot reboot”.
- It’ll reboot your device.
Now you’ve successfully rooted your honor v10 without formatting or erasing data. If you’re getting any type of problems we suggest you to comment down, we’ll get back to you shortly regarding your concern.