One had launched the oneplus 5T back in november 2017, while oneplus introduced more new variants like – oneplus 5T lave Red, start wars and sandstone white edition. Many people owning a oneplus 5T might want root their smartphone. Today we’ll be showing the best method to unlock the boot loader and root oneplus 5T.
Learn to Root Oneplus 5T – With unlocking the bootloader of your device, you’re going to enter in a whole new word of customization. You can customize a rooted device as you want by flashing custom roms and mods etc. This guide will help you to root your oneplus 5T easily. We’ll first show you how to unlock the bootloader and flash twrp, then we’ll show you method to flash magisk/supersu for getting root access in oneplus 5T mobile.
Caution – Rooting voids your warranty and it can harm your device. Do it at your own risk, any one from gadgetcubes will not be responsible if any thing goes wrong with your smartphone.
Before beginning make sure that you’ve at least 60% charge left in your device. To be on the safe side, we recommend you to backup any important documents or files.
Root oneplus 5T –
- Make sure you’re using a PC which runs on windows 7 or later, you may get driver issue and device waiting errors on older versions of windows.
- Install adb drivers and Pda net on your computer. Download ADB driver installer, and PDAnet drivers, installation steps are given with the links.
- Connect your Oneplus 5T with your PC using a USB cable.
- Now Go to setting, tap on build number 7 times and enable developer options, now open developer options and turn on OEM unlocking and Android USB debugging.
- Now switch off your device
- Unlocking Bootloader of oneplus 5T – this process will erase all user data.
- After switching off your device, now boot into the bootloader or fastboot mode. hold volume up + power key to boot into the bootloader mode.
- Make sure your mobile is connect to your pc via usb cable, Now open a command prompt window on the desktop ( press together Shift + Right Click -> Open Command Window here).
- Enter the following code into the command prompt window –
fastboot oem unlock
4. You would be greeted with a Unlock Bootloader Warning page, Hit the Vol button to select Yes and turn it Blue and Hit the Power Button to Execute the selection.
5. Your device will reboot, and your boot loader will be unlocked.
- Flashing TWRP custom recovery in Oneplus 5T – This method will flash twrp into your device.
- After unlocking bootloader, open up your device and again enable OEM unlocking and USB debugging from developer options.
- Download TWRP from here and keep it in your PC. TWRP download link 2. Download Any one file.
- Now again make sure again that your device is connect with a usb to your pc or computer. And switch off your device.
- After switching off press volume up key + power key together to boot into fastboot mode as you’ve done before.
- By the previous method, open a command prompt window inside folder or location where you’ve kept the downloaded twrp recovery zip file and enter the following command.
fastboot flash recovery (file name).img
- After entering the command, make sure to replace the (file name) with the name of your downloaded twrp file. Enter the name exactly same as it is on the downloaded file.
- Now hit enter. And that’s all, it’ll flash twrp recovery in your oneplus 5T.
- After flashing, Reboot your smartphone
- Gain Root access in Oneplus 5T – this process will help you to get root access in your device.
- Now download Magisk or Supersu and place the files in the internal storage of your smartphone. I’ll prefer you to use magisk or you may face bootloops after flashing SuperSU.
- Switch off your device. Boot into recovery (press volume key + power down).
- Click install, browse the downloaded file.
- Swipe to flash it, and now reboot.
That’s pretty much all, now you’ve successfully rooted your oneplus 5T. Now you can flash your favorite mods and custom ROMs in your device. If you’re a oneplus fanboy, then there is a great news for you, Oneplus 6 is coming soon in the Q2 2018. For more subscribe to Gadgetcubes E-Mail news letter.
Get more stuff like this
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.