Root Redmi Note 5 / Pro –
In this guide, we’ll discuss how to unlock the bootloader and flash magisk or supersu to Root Xiamoi Redmi Note 5 or Redmi Note 5 pro successfully. Many users are getting 86006 error / 10003 error, this guide will help you to bypass it.
Caution – This process will wipe all data on your device, take a backup of the all important files before getting started. Also rooting voids your warranty and it may damage your device completely. No one from Gadgetcubes will be responsible in those scenario, please proceed at your own risk.
Unlock the Bootloader of Redmi Note 5 / Pro –
- First download the latest OTA Zip file for Redmi Note 5 / Note 5 Pro OTA from en.miui.com .
- Place the downloaded zip on your internal storage.
- Open the updater app. From options choose the zip file and click ok.
- It’ll flash the upadet zip file on your device. This is the most important step to avoid errors.
- Now you’ll need to get Unlocking Permission for your device using your MIUI account. Go to http://en.miui.com/unlock/ and click on Unlock Now.
- Sign in with your MIUI account (make sure it’s a Number based account, not email based) and fill up the form on the next page. It’ll ask you ” why do you want to unlock the bootloader on your phone”. Enter any acceptable reason and submit the application.
- You’ll be notified via SMS that your account is ready for unlocking.
- Now backup your device. Navigate to Settings>About Phone> Tap the MIUI Version 7-8 times. It will enable the developer options on your phone.
- Go to Settings>Additional Settings>Developer Options and make sure to sign in with your MIUI account.
- Again open up the unlock link en.miui.com/unlock and now there you’ll get links to download MiFlash tool.
- Download it. Extract the zip file on your computer. You’ve to windows 7 or latest version, otherwise this tool won’t work properly.
- From the files, now install the MI Drivers on your PC.
- Download this VPN from here and connect to china servers. Or use PlexVPN.
- After establishing connection to china servers, go to Settings>Additional Settings>Developer Options and ebale the OEM unlock option.
- Select Add account and device to bind your device for unlocking.
- Now open the MiFlash tool with administrative permissions. Right click on the file and click on run as administrator.
- Enter your account information, now you’ve to connect your redmi note 5 or note 5 pro with your pc via fastboot mode.
- Connect your device with pc via a USB cable. Now switch your phone off and press voulme down + power key together until you get the fastboot screen.
- Now grant the permissions asked by the tool.
- That’s all, it will unlock the bootloader of your remdi note 5 or redmi note 5 pro.
Flash TWRP –
- This is an ALPHA build of TWRP available for Redmi Note 5 Pro. It’s not tested on Redmi Note 5. But it shall work.
- Download the TWRP img file from here and keep it in your PC.
- Boot your device into fastboot mode again as before.
- Open up command prompt on your computer with administrative permissions. right click on CMD and choose run as administrator.
- Enter the following command and drag & drop the twrp file inside Command prompt.
fastboot flash recovery (file name).img
- Hit enter. It will flash TWRP recovery on your Redmi Note 5 / Pro.
- After flashing, reboot your device.
Flashing SuperSU / Magisk –
- Now you’ll need to flash either SuperSU or Magisk to root your redmi note 5 or redmi note 5 pro. I’ll prefer you to use Magsik.
- Download Magisk / Supersu from the given link.
- Place the downloaded file in the internal storage.
- Switch off your phone. Now boot into Recovery Mode, press volume down + power key until you see the TWRP Logo on your device screen.
- Click on Install. Now browse the downloaded file and swipe to flash it.
- After flashing reboot your device. That’s all. You’ve successfully rooted your redmi note 5 or redmi note 5 pro.